Case study- Nypro individual cleanroom gowning
We were contacted to provide a storage solution for bags, for each individual’s personnel cleanroom gowning.
This was quite a challenging but an achievable project. There were many parameters to achieve in this design. The space in PAL airlock was limited and the number of storage bags required was a minimum target of 80. The storage system needed to be easy accessible for cleaning purposes. We collaborated closely with the site personnel and engineers involved to design a bespoke unit that would be effective and cost efficient.
The initial design was generated by personnel in YEL. It consisted of:
- Meeting and discussing with stakeholders,
- Submitting a 3D drawing from solidworks design software,
- Submitting quote and project timeframe.
When all these items were agreed. YEL commenced the manufacturing process in its non-ferrous production facility.
The process involved:
- Drawing sent down to production,
- Cutting, punching and bending of sheets,
- Fabrication and welding,
- Polishing and passivization of all welds to a 180 grit finish,
- Submitting a pre-approved Method Statement and risk assessment to client for review prior to installation,
- Installation of storage system,
- Client approval of finished installed product.