It is the policy of YEL to minimise our impact on the environment. To this end the company operate a formally documented system to ISO 14001:2004 which manages the environmental impacts associated with our activities.
The Company is committed to complying in full with all applicable EU and national environmental legal requirements, with any regulatory authority guidance available and with international best practice. It recognises its environmental responsibilities to staff, clients and the public.
YEL is committed to the continual improvement of its environmental performance through the implementation of this policy:
- Measurement of environmental performance on an ongoing basis and using this information to regularly review policy, objectives, targets and resource allocation.
- Encouragement of staff to develop methods that promote environmental protection and minimise environmental effects.
- Provision of education and training to employees, to help them include environmental considerations in all aspects of their work.
- Efficient use of natural resources and minimise, where possible, the use of utilities and production of waste.
YEL is dedicated to pollution prevention through the ongoing identification and control of those significant environmental impacts associated with its activities. These include:
- Solid waste management.
- Sustainable use of natural resources.
YEL is aware that these objectives will enhance the economic sustainability of the organisation. To ensure that the above objectives are met, the Managing Director is committed to playing an active role in the implementation of the Environmental Policy and undertake to review and revise it in the light of experience and developments.